- All visitors will present valid photo identification before being authorized to visit. Valid photo identification is non-expired government issued identification.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- An inmate will be allowed TWO people per visitation time. A child 5 years or younger will be considered a lap child and will not count as one visitor. However only one lap child will be permitted per visitation. Any remaining children regardless of age will count as one of the two visitors. Children cannot be left un-attended.
- Example 1: 1 Parent with a 7 year old and a 4 year old – ALL VISIT
- Example 2: 1 Parent with 7 year old and 6 year old – VISIT DENIED
- The splitting of visitation is not allowed. However, the two visitors do not have to arrive at the same time.
- All visitors will secure packages, purses, bags, cell phones, etc. in the lockers provided.
- All visitors will be required to pass through a metal detector.
- Food, drink and smoking are prohibited in the visitation area.
- All visitors must remain properly dressed.
- Prohibited clothing includes anything resembling staff uniforms, any transparent, provocative or revealing clothing, low cut tops, halter tops, and tube tops. Shorts and skirts must extend past mid-thigh when seated.
- After the visit, all visitors will return to the lobby staff, and obtain their identification.
- All visitors who leave property in a locker must retrieve the property prior to leaving the detention center.
- A visit may be denied, suspended or terminated if:
- A visitor is under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- There is insufficient space available at that time.
- The visitor refuses to submit to an initial screening or a search if necessary.
- The visitor refuses to produce sufficient identification or falsifies identification.
- The visitors’ behavior is disruptive to the orderly running of the facility.
- The visitor intentionally damages county property.
- The visitor’s attire does not conform to the dress code as outlined above.
- Safety or Security of the facility (severe weather, tornado, riot, etc.)
- Absolutely no materials will be given to inmates unless authorized by a shift sergeant in writing prior to visitation
The Sheriff’s Office has a Zero Tolerance policy regarding sexual abuse, harassment and misconduct. If this policy is violated, your visitation will be terminated and any future visits may be suspended. If necessary, criminal charges may be imposed.
Trafficking contraband into a penal institution is a level 6 non-person felony!