The Johnson County Sheriff's Central Record Division serves as a repository for all records managed and generated by the Sheriff’s Office.
MAIN LINE: (913) 715-5460
FAX LINE: (913) 715-5475
EMAIL: UNIT SUPERVISOR
OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:00a.m – 5:00p.m. (Closed Holidays)
LOCATION: Fred Allenbrand Criminal Justice Complex
Sheriff’s Operations Building
27747 W. 159th Street, New Century, KS 66031
Police reports may be requested in person or in writing.
Request for copies may take up to 72 hours for a reply depending on the time of receipt and the nature of the incident.
Information and reports on cases still under investigation cannot be released.
TO REQUEST A REPORT:
Johnson County Sheriff's Office
c/o Central Records Division
27747 W 159th Street
New Century, KS 66031
Provide a report number (if available), date, time, location of the incident, name(s) of the person(s) involved.
RECORDS ACCESS AND PREPARATION FEE SCHEDULE
Pursuant to K.S.A. 45-219, requesters are responsible for payment of costs incurred by the Sheriff’s Office in providing access to or furnishing copies of public records based on the following fee schedule:
REPORT COPY COST: (Effective 12-01-2015)
Accident Reports may be retrieved at no charge
by visiting the Accident Retrieval
link on the Sheriff's Office website.
Printed reports are $1.00 for the first page and $0.25 per any additional page.
Printed photographs are $5.00 per page.
Photographs and/or audio copied to a CD are $3.00 per CD plus $1.00 for materials.
Video copied to a DVD is $25.00 per DVD plus $1.00 for materials.
STAFF TIME: (Effective 12-01-2015)
The requester is responsible for payment of staff time required to search, retrieve, prepare, or reproduce public records. This may include time spent accessing records maintained on computers or other archive sites, reviewing records to determine whether they contain information responsive to the request or whether exceptions to disclosure apply, and/or redacting closed information from records.
- All Other Staff: Actual hourly rate of compensation
- Upon request, public records may be mailed by U.S. mail to the requester upon advance payment of all postal charges. Payment of all costs associated with the request must be made by the requester prior to mailing.
- The requester is responsible for payment of any other costs incurred in connection with complying with a request.
- Payment may be made by cash or check. Please make checks payable to the “Johnson County Sheriff’s Office.” Payment of all costs is required prior to receipt of or access to records. Upon request, or for large document requests, the Sheriff’s Office may provide an estimate of the costs that will be incurred in responding to a request. The Sheriff’s Office may require advanced payment of the estimated fees prior to gathering the requested records.
- Indigent requestors will be provided up to 1 hour of staff time and up to 20 pages of paper copies per calendar month at no charge. This limit applies regardless of the number of separate requests made by the requestor. It also applies to agents for a requestor (e.g., if the indigent requestor has a friend, accomplice or agent make a request on the indigent person’s behalf in an effort to avoid the monthly limit).
LETTER OF INCARCERATION INFORMATION
Letters of Incarceration may be obtained at no cost
by visiting Inmate Search
TO OBTAIN A LETTER ONLINE: