District Court Bonds
- District Court Bonds are divided into several categories, the most common being: Cash-Surety, Personal Recognizance and ORCD (own recognizance cash deposit).
- Cash Bonds: Are bonds posted using exact cash (we do not accept cashier's checks or money orders) or utilizing GPS (Government Payment - http://www.govpaynow.com/) which is a credit card bond.
- ORCD Bonds: Are bonds ordered by the court and if you use this option you will post 10% of the total bond as cash. On this type of bond the cash receipt has to be put in the name of the individual bonding.
- Surety Bonds: Are bonds that utilize a bonding company approved by the District Court. There is an approved list in the lobby of both facilities as well as a list scrolling at the top of this page.
- Municipal bonds are posted in a similar manner to District Court Bonds. We will post Municipal Cash Bonds for all Johnson County cities except Lenexa, Olathe, and Overland Park. To post cash for those two cities you must post it with them and bring back the receipt.
The bonding/release process may take several hours to complete.