Precautionary Measures Regarding the COVID -19 Virus
As the COVID-19 virus continues to spread in our community, the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office Detention Bureau is continuously updating our precautionary measures to protect the well-being of inmates, officers and all staff within the Detention facilities.
Since the start of the pandemic, we have been working closely with VitalCore Health Strategies (VCHS) to implement new practices using the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Some of the safety measure we have implemented include:
- Protective masks have been provided to all staff and inmates to be worn within our facilities.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation to ensure all surfaces are frequently disinfected.
- Updated visitation schedules to better regulate the number of individuals waiting in the lobby area.
- Updated recreation times for inmates within our facility and enhanced measures to maintain social distancing as recommended by the CDC and the Johnson County Health Department.
- Alternate Booking process for new admits who have experienced potential exposure.
- Worked with Courts to ensure access to legal counsel is available.
Again, the health and safety of our community is our top priority. We will continue to monitor and take precautionary measures on an as needed basis. We will also do our best to communicate any changes.
For more information regarding inmate visitation, please refer to our visitation rules.